Thursday 19 April 2012

Friday Release: 'Vicky Donor' has a new subject


New Delhi: TV presenter Ayushmann Khurana, who plays the role of a sperm donor in his debut Bollywood film 'Vicky Donor', is happy to begin his career with an unconventional project. Khurana, 27, acted in theatres for five years and says he was waiting for the right opportunity for the past four years.
"I always wanted to be an actor. After I won 'Roadies', I got many offers of second lead or lead in many films. But those scripts didn't excite me. I waited for four years. Then Shoojit Sircar approached me and I thought this is the one which I was waiting for," Khurana told PTI.
After winning 'Roadies', he shifted to radio and video jockying and thereafter he took off as a commercial television anchor with multiple-talent based reality shows like 'India's Got Talent', 'Music Ka Maha Muqqabla', and ' Just Dance'.

News24u
Actor John Abraham's first production venture, 'Vicky Donor' is directed by Shoojit Sircar. The film also features Yami Gautam.
The inspiration behind a film on sperm donation actually came from the producer John Abraham's close friends, who were married for several years but they had to rely on sperm donation to have a baby.
Though the songs have not become chartbusters but discos and pubs are playing the peppy tunes such as 'Rum whiskey' and 'Chaddha'.
The film is likely to gain profit from the fact that no other big film is releasing alongside 'Vicky Donor'.

No comments:

Post a Comment